Go Back   BABoards > Archives > The ALL ABOUT US Threads
  Reload this Page Why these boards are great :)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th Sep 2001, 08:43   #1
THP
Administrator
Sorcerer

Thumbs up Why these boards are great :)

I've been realy impressed over the last few days how cool everyone has been about all that has hapened since last Monday.

First in pulling together and keeping everyone informed, offering support and seeing who was OK over the first few days.

Secondly in the remarkably mature and intelligent way people have addressed the touchy issues we've been discussing since without flaming or bigotry.

/me hugs everyone (or manly slaps on the back for those that prefer )

I am not a f***ing pin!

Be a Government Informer. Betray your Family and Friends. Fabulous prizes to be won. - Red Dwarf 5.6
Old 20th Sep 2001, 09:03   #2
Davros
Associate Council Member

THP Hear hear !
'Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to anger.' No wait, hold on. 'Fear leads to hate. Hate leads to the dark side.' Hold on, no, umm, 'First you get the women, then you get the money, then you...' okay, can we forget that?
(Xander, 1999, The Freshman)
Old 20th Sep 2001, 09:46   #3
Biz
Council Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Biz
Every other board I've been to have about 25% of the people saying that they think the whole Arab population should be extermenated, or nukes should be used to level afganastan, ect.. ect.. etc...

Here is te only place where none of those wacky people post non stop.

Even though I don't post here a ton, it was also the first place I thought about coming too when I first heard these attacks happened. Strange.
Old 20th Sep 2001, 10:18   #4
Buttercup
Executive Council Member

Send a message via ICQ to Buttercup Send a message via AIM to Buttercup Send a message via Yahoo to Buttercup
THP: Hear Hear

The Princess

Demon: Who are You?
Buffy: I'm Buffy, the Vampire Slayer. And you Are? - Anne, Anno III
Old 20th Sep 2001, 12:26   #5
BillY
The Senior

This has always been the hallmark of our group, regardless of our location.

With the possible exception of
Episode: A1.10: Parting Gifts

Cordy/The Senior: ... some people, who shall remain Ambrosis...

we are, regardless of physical age, all pretty much mature folk. We don't get people who's only contribution to discussions is "Tara's fat!", or "I'm sooo cool, I'm Keeper of Willow's flying pencil!", thank the PTB!

to the members of this board!

The Senior, Elder of the Upper Reaches
"I'm The Senior. I don't think. I know. Okay?" - Hearthrob
Old 20th Sep 2001, 13:43   #6
redgoatee
Associate Council Member

Send a message via Yahoo to redgoatee
I agree. This board rocks. This was the first board I ever posted on and I will say that it has been the most pleasant Internet expereince. I have noticed other boards and the arguing goes non-stop, but here, everybody very much keeps their cool.

Yay, yay for the BABoards.
Old 20th Sep 2001, 13:51   #7
Kris
Council Member

I don't even read any other boards anymore. I tried to post on a different board, but my mind just kept saying "Go back. Go back."
Old 20th Sep 2001, 14:28   #8
Natrad
Executive Council Member

Send a message via ICQ to Natrad
/me is mystified

There are other boards?!

Props to you guys.
Old 20th Sep 2001, 14:33   #9
Black Magic
Ex-Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to Black Magic
I'll be the first to admit that I post at quite a few different boards, but this is still the one I like to call home, corny as it sounds. Level-headed people, some fantastic debates - I don't have enough time to post on most of them, but they're a great read. We've developed a great community feel over the years, too, which is another thing that makes it great around here.

Kay, I'm stopping before this gets gushy, but all you guys rock!
Old 20th Sep 2001, 15:05   #10
IceWall
Council Elder

Send a message via ICQ to IceWall
Smile

I feel a group hug coming up...
"This isn't a relationship, you don't need me. All you care about is lots of orgasms!" - Anya, 'Hush', Anno IV.
Old 20th Sep 2001, 15:13   #11
martyn
Ex-Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to martyn
I agree, these are great boards with great posters.

We do stick together when things get tough

*hugs* to all

Calan: Bite me Sheep Boy!
--martyn, Buffy's Sex Slave
~~Puppy
Old 20th Sep 2001, 15:48   #12
AjaxSerix

Send a message via ICQ to AjaxSerix Send a message via AIM to AjaxSerix
your all retards.....
Old 20th Sep 2001, 15:50   #13
AjaxSerix

Send a message via ICQ to AjaxSerix Send a message via AIM to AjaxSerix
FLAMER !!!! WHO THE HELL WAS THAT!?

Oh wait it was me....

let me be bombed for my transgression!
Old 20th Sep 2001, 16:51   #14
martyn
Ex-Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to martyn
Ajax: Bomb you? Never! Your going into the newbie cooking pot!

Calan: Bite me Sheep Boy!
--martyn, Buffy's Sex Slave
~~Puppy
Old 20th Sep 2001, 19:19   #15
kelt

Send a message via ICQ to kelt Send a message via AIM to kelt
/me huggles everyone
Old 21st Sep 2001, 03:41   #16
Biz
Council Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Biz
Quote:
We don't get people who's only contribution to discussions is "Tara's fat!", or "I'm sooo cool, I'm Keeper of Willow's flying pencil!", thank the PTB!

You have no idea how much that made me laugh.
Old 21st Sep 2001, 07:25   #17
Buttercup
Executive Council Member

Send a message via ICQ to Buttercup Send a message via AIM to Buttercup Send a message via Yahoo to Buttercup
/me gives hugs to everyone

The Princess

Old 21st Sep 2001, 10:36   #18
Lynn
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Lynn Send a message via AIM to Lynn
Yay boards. I've been able to read a bit - i.e. spend a few hours rather than a few minutes per day browsing - the last couple of days due to a lab-intensive course where my students don't need much help, and it's been great catching up with what everyone has been up to. I've been tempted to post on all the 'Favourite Ep' threads that I missed, but it might push all the new threads off the first page.

I miss you guys a lot when I'm on the road... as other people have said my first impulse on hearing what happened - after trying to contact family members in NY of course - was to come here and make sure everyone was OK.

/me hugs the boards and everyone who comes here
Ned: "You ugly, hate-filled man!" Moe: "Hey, I may be ugly and hate-filled but... what was the third thing you said?"
Old 21st Sep 2001, 16:23   #19
mordax
Ex-Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to mordax
I go one other place that's all right: straightdope.

I like it here better, though, 'cause you guys voted me "Insightful."

And yeah, coming here was one of the first things I did, when it happened.
Old 21st Sep 2001, 22:17   #20
Siri

I've only been here for a short time, but i already feel more at home here then i ever did on the Illout board. And i'm not just saying this, i mean, Hugo and Adam and such are now going "tsktsk@Siri" for selling out my old board, but it's just how i feel.

You will not likelely find this show of affection soonly again coming from me. It's not me. Usually.
Old 21st Sep 2001, 23:23   #21
BigRock

Send a message via AIM to BigRock
Quote:
Originally posted by Siri
I've only been here for a short time, but i already feel more at home here then i ever did on the Illout board. And i'm not just saying this, i mean, Hugo and Adam and such are now going "tsktsk@Siri" for selling out my old board, but it's just how i feel.

You will not likelely find this show of affection soonly again coming from me. It's not me. Usually.

Hey, I'm "tsk tsk-ing" too!

Seriously, this is a great board. Way different from Illout. I definitely think there is more on-topic discussion on this board, and as most people who know of Illout know, the age level tends to be a little higher on this board, so it tends to then have a more adult feel to it. Being 24, I guess I can just appreciate the great intellectual, "adult" discussions on this board and still enjoy the looser, more relaxed, more off topic weirdness that is Illout.

So, I just wanted to praise both boards for all they have to offer. I've actually been a member of this community technically since when this board was back at Illout. But I rarely posted, and often went weeks without even lurking. I finally started posting and coming to the board daily sometime during the past seasons of Buffy and Angel, and I'm very glad I did. This is certainly a great board to be a part of.
Old 22nd Sep 2001, 00:41   #22
chetta
Ex-Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to chetta Send a message via AIM to chetta
We are really happy to have all the new posters as well. We hope your stay with us is a long and comfortable one.

As Rocky said, every board has it's unique qualities that makes them different from the others. It's good you can appreciate that.
Old 22nd Sep 2001, 00:52   #23
Hugo Rune
Executive Council Member

Send a message via ICQ to Hugo Rune Send a message via Yahoo to Hugo Rune
Quote:
Originally posted by Siri

Not at all Alex - in fact I've become more and more jaded with Illout of recent and have basically stopped posting and lurking... alot (but definitely not all) of the posters are so very different from me, and think in such different ways that I just can't relate to them... but here, 'tis different....

I do have trouble posting here though... firstly it requires effort (brainpower which I am rather lacking compare to most here), secondly I have to curb my over-riding arrogance (which I try as much as possible though mostly it fails), and thirdly I'm a youngster here, which can make thngs tricky due to general lack of experience and brains - I try to keep up, but I trip more than hurdle...

So, it's a challenge to be here... I like challenges... success or no...

Best board I post at...

Hugo
Old 22nd Sep 2001, 01:02   #24
chetta
Ex-Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to chetta Send a message via AIM to chetta
Quote:
Originally posted by Hugo Rune

I do have trouble posting here though... firstly it requires effort (brainpower which I am rather lacking compare to most here), secondly I have to curb my over-riding arrogance (which I try as much as possible though mostly it fails), and thirdly I'm a youngster here, which can make thngs tricky due to general lack of experience and brains - I try to keep up, but I trip more than hurdle...

So, it's a challenge to be here... I like challenges... success or no...

Best board I post at...

Hugo

Challenges are good.

Never think you corner the market on arrogance, there are plenty of posters in the same boat. Also don't doubt your brainpower. One of the things I've always like best about this board is the tolerance for all kinds of posters, their ideas, thoughts and theories.
Old 22nd Sep 2001, 01:32   #25
THP
Administrator
Sorcerer

Hugo & Siri: The whole thing about these boards are that it's all about contributions, and you guys have added a lot to the discussions here... I look forward to reading and replying to your posts as I do to so many of the other regulars here

Rocky: You're a regular here already.. however much you don't think you are

Seriously I really enjoy posting here, like nowhere else... even when I disagree with folk here I know it's friendly and that's cool

I am not a f***ing pin!

Be a Government Informer. Betray your Family and Friends. Fabulous prizes to be won. - Red Dwarf 5.6
Old 22nd Sep 2001, 01:38   #26
BigRock

Send a message via AIM to BigRock
Heh, did I say I wasn't a regular? I didn't realize I did. What I was trying to say was that I really wasn't a regular until about maybe 6-8 months ago (even though technically I've been a member of this board since February of 2000, or at least this community). And now I'm glad I am.
Old 23rd Sep 2001, 14:02   #27
Siri

Like BigRock said, this board is a bit more mature, but on the Illout i also get the feeling it's harder to get into the group. I can't post as much as people with a netconnection at their homes, and i can't get all those chatprograms on my UNIaccount. And i think that's why i never felt part of the group. I still go there because there are a few members that i really like to exchange posts with , but now i just feel more comfortable here.
Old 23rd Sep 2001, 17:55   #28
nadriel
Council Member

Send a message via ICQ to nadriel Send a message via Yahoo to nadriel
This board (in one of its earlier incarnations) was my first introduction to the world of web boards, and I've never looked back. I may not post much, especially in the holidays (which have just ended- yay!), but that doesn't mean I don't value this board and everyone on it.

Old 23rd Sep 2001, 22:25   #29
Buttercup
Executive Council Member

This place is my home on the web. I used to just lurk alot when I first joined and I didn't have much self asteem but then I started posting here and feeling better about myself and then I kept posing more and more as I let my opinions and such be heard. I'm glad I found this place.

The Princess