Go Back   BABoards > The BA Discussion Boards > Forum of Interest!!!
  Reload this Page We should keep in touch... here's how to find us
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What's the best way for you to keep in touch with old friends you made online?
Here on BABoards (posts or PMs) 3 17.65%
Facebook 1 5.88%
Twitter 3 17.65%
Email 3 17.65%
Skype 1 5.88%
MSN Or Live, whatever they call it now. Bing Live probably! 0 0%
Yahoo IM or other IM 0 0%
Trillian (multiple messengers) 0 0%
IRC 1 5.88%
Blogs 1 5.88%
In Person 3 17.65%
Other - let us know in your reply! 1 5.88%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Post New Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 6th Mar 2011, 01:54   #1
Lynn
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Lynn Send a message via AIM to Lynn
Exclamation We should keep in touch... here's how to find us

I've been thinking about this site a lot in the last few weeks. Not for any particular reason, just thinking how great the BABoards years were for me. A bright light in a dark life (as it was then) to be honest.

So I popped in a few times in the last few days, and obviously this place is very quiet, if not dead. I don't know how many people are still visiting BABoards - I couldn't even tell which forum was the liveliest so I could put this post in there! So I put up an announcement to tell people where it is.

One of my biggest problems in trying to find the old gang is that after I came out the other end of treatment for the problem I had, I had to stay away from old associations for a while. Well, that's over 5 years ago now, so I want to reconnect. But I don't know or remember most people's surnames!

Since BA is so quiet, I'd like to reconnect with the people here through other means. So, here are my contact details if you would like to say hello, or have a chat. To help people recognise me, I always use the same avatar, which is this photo of my dog Willow as a puppy:

1. My blog
2. @lynn_duffy on Twitter
3. Facebook
4. On Skype search for Lynn Duffy (or possibly Lynn_Duffy - I tried to set it to the latter but not sure if it makes any difference!
5. On GoogleTalk search for Lynn Duffy.

I put up an announcement to try to catch the eye of as many of the lurkers and occasional visitors as possible. If you are on a different messenger system, I do have accounts for Yahoo, ICQ, and MSN, but I'm not regularly on those. However I can be if there are people there to talk to!

I hope everyone is keeping well. I'm hanging in here - going to be 40 in a month, imagine! My main job these days is looking after my parents, especially my Dad who had a heart attack last summer, and is now 83. But he is also hanging in here!

Please at least stop by the blog and say hi.

Hugs to my BABoards buds.... xoxox

P.S. Just previewed the post and it is so great to see my signature again! BillY, what a star he was. Tobi and I met him not long before he died. Also I must make sure to save the awesome gif.
Ned: "You ugly, hate-filled man!" Moe: "Hey, I may be ugly and hate-filled but... what was the third thing you said?"
Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2011, 16:39   #2
Janus
Executive Council Member

Great to see you alive and kicking, Lynn! And what a coincidence that just today I decide to check here, because I don't do that very often anymore.
Your blog is bookmarked. I'll see if what you write is of any interest to me.

If anyone is interested in contacting me - ICQ number is in my profile, and board PMs reach me via email notification. My rare twitter activity is in German, so I'll leave it out here. I also have a Jabber account that I prefer to ICQ, but it's associated with my real name, so I won't post it publicly. Feel free to ask, though.
Old 7th Mar 2011, 18:55   #3
Angelus
Associate Council Member

Send a message via ICQ to Angelus
Wow, great to see you here again Lynn! I missed you.
I was looking for you on Skype about a few months ago, but didn't know which of the Lynn Duffy's you were *g*

Your Blog is bookmarked on my system as well

If anyone wants to contact me - look for me on Skype or send me a PM here. I don't check my ICQ regularly anymore, and I try to avoid Facebook for as long as possible
Old 9th Mar 2011, 15:02   #4
Caleb
Rogue Demon Hunter

Good to hear from you.

Don't really use Twitter or facebook.

In terms of the BA Boards, I suspect that the politics forum is possibly the busiest, but that is mainly me and THP discussing how much he hates every political party except the THP party - you are welcome to join and spread the debate a little.

Am happy to consider another get together in London some time...
Old 9th Mar 2011, 18:52   #5
THP
Administrator
Sorcerer

You know where we are but if anyone else wants an email or other method to find us just send a PM here and I'll reply.

On the baboards front - we may have to give up the boards, or at least the hosting as it's just getting to the point that it's becoming too much per month to cover a full on site for two of us to moan about each others essentially not dissimilar politics

Bloody tory cutbacks!

Not until the next domain renewal though so sometime towards the end of the year - if I have the time I'll try to see about what free hosting my isp has and if I can maintain something in the way of a forum there just so there is somewhere we can come back to.

I am not a f***ing pin!

Be a Government Informer. Betray your Family and Friends. Fabulous prizes to be won. - Red Dwarf 5.6
THP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Mar 2011, 16:11   #6
martyn
Ex-Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to martyn
heh i load the site now and then but not as often as i used to. its damn good to see everyone about again!

im available on twitter or email or pm through site or facebook or so forth. anyone wanting info is free to pm me. im too paranoid to post info on a public forum

Calan: Bite me Sheep Boy!
--martyn, Buffy's Sex Slave
~~Puppy
martyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2011, 22:19   #7
Siri

Heh, came here today because i felt the urge to bitch about a TV episode. I haven't felt that in a long time. The urge was all wrapped up in fond OMWF memories, which Lynn helped me appreciate.

So, still drop in occasionally here, to guard agains spoilers, trolls and spammers on my designated boards.

Good to see you here again, Lynn. I guess twitter is best for me, i check that every couple of days. @SiriShorts
Siri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2011, 20:54   #8
nadriel
Council Member

Send a message via ICQ to nadriel Send a message via Yahoo to nadriel
Facebook request sent- from Michael Horton. Fine with others adding me too.
Old 8th Apr 2011, 20:54   #9
nadriel
Council Member

And I do check up and lurk periodically. Besides trying to recruit people to play Billy Versus Snakeman. With at least one success :-).
Old 8th Apr 2011, 20:55   #10
nadriel
Council Member

Can also be found as nadriel on Livejournal or Dreamwidth.
Old 24th Apr 2011, 00:27   #11
chetta
Ex-Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to chetta Send a message via AIM to chetta
It's good to see there are other lurkers out there other than myself. PM me for the facebook info.
chetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2011, 07:58   #12
kelt

Send a message via ICQ to kelt Send a message via AIM to kelt
Lynn! It's great to hear from you!

PM me and I'll shoot you some more contact info!
kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2011, 16:20   #13
Rosie

Send a message via ICQ to Rosie
Just to let you know we renewed the boards for another year so it will be around until this time next year at least

Spike: I'm drowning in footwear
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Sep 2011, 16:32   #14
Spiked
Executive Council Member

Yey
Old 9th Sep 2011, 18:49   #15
Siri

\o/

/Siri bows to the Keepers of the Shrine

Old 13th Sep 2011, 08:13   #16
nadriel
Council Member

Thankee!
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 06:07   #17
chetta
Ex-Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to chetta Send a message via AIM to chetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Just to let you know we renewed the boards for another year so it will be around until this time next year at least

Thank you from all us lurkers/sometimes posters! That was extremely generous of you.
chetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jan 2012, 12:52   #18
Shugar
Ex-Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to Shugar Send a message via MSN to Shugar Send a message via Yahoo to Shugar
Hi All, found some links i was fixing in my old lappy my mum uses and happy to see the old site is still going strong
Old 27th Feb 2012, 09:03   #19
Righteousman

Send a message via ICQ to Righteousman
Thanks as well to Rosie! I only stop by once in a blue moon - but it's nice to remember the days of our misspent youth (with a 9 and 5 year old, it's always good to stay young at heart)....

It's good to see so many others who spent many a wasted hour/evening stop by once in a while, too! Glad to hear things are going well for you, too, Lynn!

(Leave a PM if you'd like support for next renewal, happy to help).
Old 5th Apr 2012, 11:15   #20
nadriel
Council Member

I don't plan on leaving this board until it's gone for good, for all that I'm not a frequent visitor anymore...
Old 15th Jun 2012, 20:00   #21
BigRock

Send a message via AIM to BigRock
Wow, is this a blast from the past. Not sure why I came here today, but it was interesting to see a lot of the old names. Although it's disturbing how many people are having/have had health problems since I was last here. I think part of it might be I'm feeling old and longing for my younger days of talking about Buffy and Angel non-stop. So seeing all the illnesses didn't really help that.

And given that I haven't been here in over 3 years according to the thing at the top of the page, I'm thinking I probably shouldn't still be a moderator on one of the boards.

By the way, I doubt anyone cares, but of the above methods of reaching people, I'm only on Facebook - Rocky Petrella in Philadelphia, PA. Though I doubt there's a ton of Rocky Petrellas on Facebook. And anyone could email me at rpetrella@pjponline.com if they were so inclined. Later!
Old 17th Jun 2012, 14:42   #22
Siri

Indeed Rocky, we did miss your strong hand back in 2009 when the General Entertainment forum went to the Dark Side for a while. We did consider letting you go, but we figured you earned the honorary Moderator title.

Old 6th Jun 2013, 09:53   #23
nadriel
Council Member

Still here! I can also be found on G+ (or google hangouts) my email is michaelphorton@gmail.com
Old 6th Jun 2013, 09:56   #24
Caleb
Rogue Demon Hunter

still here too...
Old 7th Jun 2013, 22:22   #25
THP
Administrator
Sorcerer

Likewise - also still have a mostly unused FB and a moderately abused twitter.. plus emails and even a landline!!!

I am not a f***ing pin!

Be a Government Informer. Betray your Family and Friends. Fabulous prizes to be won. - Red Dwarf 5.6
THP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2013, 07:51   #26
Biz
Council Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Biz
Geez, this is a blast from the past. I randomly saw someone mention ICQ and googled my old UIN just to see if I still remembered it. Can't say I expected this place to still be around and be the first result. Does it still say Council Elder under my name? So funny considering I was a teenager when I posted here. What a difference a decade makes.
Old 16th Jun 2015, 21:35   #27
Nearly God
Associate Council Member

Talking

Hehe, I too was thinking about the good times that were had here and thought I'd try to check in. Happily surprised the board still knows me!

Thanks for the memories, oldies
Nearly God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2015, 10:13   #28
Caleb
Rogue Demon Hunter

Bizarrely enough I was doing a google search the other day, and it returned this site! I checked, but there did not seem to have been any updates for a while.

I often think about what happened to all the Buffy related people (from the TV series). The writers all seem to keep popping up in TV shows all over the place, and of course JW himself has reached the dizzy heights of Avengers.

However the actors are a bit more mixed. I have not really seen any of them reproduce the success that they had totally - the only exceptions seem to be Alison Hanigan and David Boreanaz, although even they have dropped off in recent years.
We also see the odd ones appearing as cameos in odd TV shows, but it is not quite the same...
Old 13th Sep 2015, 03:44   #29
Scott00
Junior Watcher

I haven't drifted back this way in years but just wanted to say hello and how much this community meant to me once upon a time. I hope you're all as well and happy as this world allows us to be.
Scott00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2015, 10:21   #30
Caleb
Rogue Demon Hunter

Hello back - well enough at the moment...