Go Back   BABoards > The BA Discussion Boards > SF, Fantasy & Horror Forum
  Reload this Page Happy 20th Buffday everyone!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply  Post New Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10th Mar 2017, 12:27   #1
Siri

Talking Happy 20th Buffday everyone!

There´s a lot of nostalgia at #buffyslays20 on twitter.

Here's an interview with Joss on the birthday:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...-binging-984885

Time flies.
Siri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2017, 14:45   #2
Janus
Executive Council Member

Thanks Alex, now I feel really old.

Nice to see that I'm not the only one not having forgotten this place. We were awesome back in the day, probably still are, only not here.

Also, I might have forgotten my password but I'm still logged in from several years ago...

Last edited by Janus : 10th Mar 2017 at 14:48.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2017, 17:25   #3
Siri

We *are* old. And we (still) rock.

I think i drop by about once a year, usually when i rewatched a few eps and am looking for a review. And then i get lost for a few hours in these dusty hallways. I am glad Tom & Rosie are still paying for the upkeep (last i heard anyway).

I saw Buffy tweets and articles popping up everywhere and i just had to check in!
Old 15th Mar 2017, 09:43   #4
Angelus
Associate Council Member

Send a message via ICQ to Angelus
Oh yes, wa *are* old. But, as said, we still rock. Our ways may have separated, but coming back here from time to time and seeing the nicks of you guys brings back memories.
I'm happy this playce still exists
Old 25th Mar 2017, 18:03   #5
Siri

Me too!
Old 3rd Apr 2017, 16:55   #6
BigRock

Send a message via AIM to BigRock
Me too!

I got nostalgic for Buffy with the 20th anniversary and all and had to see if this place was still around. I had checked in on it every once in a while for a long time, but it's been a while now.

Glad to see it's still here. And that after about 10 or 20 tries I could come up with my password again.

I miss this place. Had loads of fun here. And have now gone down a rabbit hole of reading old posts and reviews that I'm not sure I'll ever get out of.

By the way, Buffy was on the cover of Entertainment Weekly this past week, and there's a big story/group interview in the magazine. Also if you go to ew.com/buffy, they have an interview with everyone online. Not sure how long it is because I haven't watched it yet. But they have pretty much every major cast member but ASH there. From what I remember from the print story, SMG, Boreanaz, Brendan, Hannigan, Denisof, Carpenter, Green, Sutherland, Benson, Caulfield, Trachtenberg, and Marsters were all there. Seems pretty cool. And I just clicked on it, just to get the time and it appears to be about 45 minutes. Now I'm really looking forward to watching it.

Anyway, nice seeing some people pop up here again. Special thanks to Siri for magically helping jog my memory on my password.

Buffy Anne Summers. She saved the world. A lot.

Last edited by BigRock : 4th Apr 2017 at 18:19.
BigRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2017, 15:50   #7
Siri

I liked that interview, and it's clear it's not just the ones on this side of the tv-screen getting old... Except James, he's almost the same. Alexis was in the room too, but if he did talk, that didn't make the cut, which is too bad. I wasn't expecting Michelle being goth at 32 either.

I could have done with more interview and less scenes from the series. But i suppose not everyone knows those by heart. ;o)
Old 4th Apr 2017, 21:04   #8
BigRock

Send a message via AIM to BigRock
Watched the interview and yeah, the years have been kinder to some than others. SMG, Hannigan, and Boreanaz all still look pretty great but that kinda makes sense since they're the ones probably working the most steadily. Have to keep up the looks in Hollywood to keep getting work. Brendon looks really old. And Trachtenberg looked significantly heavier to me. I was wondering actually if she might be pregnant. Most of them I thought still looked pretty good though.

I could've done with less of the narrator and talking heads from EW mostly telling me stuff I already knew and more from the cast. But I kinda liked seeing a lot of the old scenes. Maybe it's because I don't rewatch them the way I used to. Until I put on an episode this week it had been years since I watched an ep let alone a bunch of them.

But seeing the clips helped remind me how truly great this show was. Like I knew it was but seeing some of them drove home just how great. Like even the moments that aren't at the top of the list of great signature moments like that Anya bit in The Body - "and I thought, well Joyce will never have any more fruit punch. Ever...And no one will explain to me why!" - just fantastic.

Sigh. I miss Joss tv. I'm going to have to start rewatching more eps.
Reply  Post New Thread