Old 15th Jun 2004, 10:10   #1
Siri

Red face ]James Marsters Ends Ghost of the Robot

From www.buffy.nu
Quote:
James Marsters Ends Ghost of the Robot
From Ghostoftherobot.com - By Dramagirl42 - 2004-06-15th

To all fans of the band Ghost of the Robot,

After two great years of music making and touring I have decided to dissolve the band Ghost of the Robot. This was not an easy decision to make but one that was thought out thoroughly with consideration to you, the amazing fans and my amazing band mates. There are no bad feelings or creative differences that lead to this decision. I have always given 100% of myself to my craft and I felt that the band and the fans would suffer now that I will be devoting all my time to new film and television projects since "Buffy" and "Angel" are no longer in production. Please know how much I have appreciated everyone’s support of me and of the band. I hope that you will continue to support me in my future film and television projects. This decision will not affect me participating in or attending any conventions. I love the feedback I get from my fans and look forward the next time I see you.

All my best, James Marsters
I wasn't too impressed with his singing in OMWF, so i didn't feel the need to go check him out when he was in Holland, but i guess this is a black day for all the girls (and boys) who loved the chance to check out his fine, errr, personality at these concerts.
Old 15th Jun 2004, 11:09   #2
Spiked
Executive Council Member

i new he had a band, and i think there are some prob hardcore fans who prob be upset. Me on the other hand..... not really, dont think ive even heard any of their songs. And the on in OMWF kinda annoys me only cause ive heard it so many times.... This just gave me an idea for a thread....
Old 15th Jun 2004, 13:46   #3
Maverick-X

I never heard anything from him and I can't really say I was eager to go out and find stuff from it. So it's sad for the ones that care but not for me

I'm even glad he's working more for TV/Movies at the moment because that I would be interesting in seeing
Old 15th Jun 2004, 18:24   #4
Kees51
Associate Council Member

Location: That little village near Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Send a message via ICQ to Kees51 Send a message via MSN to Kees51 Send a message via Yahoo to Kees51
I guess most of the visitors of the GOTR concerts only came for James anyway, things quieted down mightily during the times he wasn't on the stage. I guess everyone still would have gone to the shows even if he only did his secret agent moves from Restless
Old 15th Jun 2004, 18:27   #5
Siri

Quote:
Originally posted by Kees51
I guess everyone still would have gone to the shows even if he only did his secret agent moves from Restless
Old 18th Jun 2004, 05:42   #6
calishell
Council Elder

Send a message via AIM to calishell
Sad to say that I've read that there's some discontent between the band members. They seem to be upset by the disolution of the band and even claim that it was a surprise. I find that very hard to believe though. JM has always come across as a good guy. I wish I had links to the comments, but I don't. I'm sure you can find them on any Spike or Spuffy board though.