Go Back   BABoards > The BA Discussion Boards > Politics, Controversy and Discussion Forum
  Reload this Page Priceless!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply  Post New Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 23:11   #1
Redvines
Council Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 941
Priceless!

Redvines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2008, 04:26   #2
Redvines
Council Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 941
So when will the "liberal" media start covering this? I'm talking the TV media. I haven't seen it yet. When Jackson said what he did, it led newscasts for days.

Proof there ain't no liberal media! Its CORPORATE media. Guess who they want elected?
Redvines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2008, 08:04   #3
Caleb
Rogue Demon Hunter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: London
Posts: 4,238
I think that the interesting comment is at the end
"You know what's really the worst thing about it? The greatness of McCain is no cynicism, and this is cynical."

I think that encapsulates the whole affair - this was a stunt, and it is a stunt that has badly misfired...
__________________
(Its amazing that a country which is so keen on the benefits of competition seems to want no competitors)
Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2008, 15:18   #4
Red
Council Elder
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: NYC, USA
Posts: 2,586
Send a message via ICQ to Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redvines
So when will the "liberal" media start covering this? I'm talking the TV media. I haven't seen it yet. When Jackson said what he did, it led newscasts for days.

Proof there ain't no liberal media! Its CORPORATE media. Guess who they want elected?


Steaming pile. Peggy Noonan is a famous Obama supporter. So an Obama supporter says Palin is Bullsh*t? Big deal. Why exactly is this news in the slightest?

I would like to be informed. Please enlighten me.
__________________
Soon we will face the choice, between what is right, and what is easy.

Culture For All
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2008, 15:37   #5
Redvines
Council Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 941
Red, lets make a wager. You show me ANYWHERE where Noonan endorses Obama for President and I will donate $100 to your favorite charity. If you can't, you donate to mine.

You have fifteen minutes to accept. 10:51am ET.
Redvines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2008, 15:48   #6
Red
Council Elder
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: NYC, USA
Posts: 2,586
Send a message via ICQ to Red
__________________
Soon we will face the choice, between what is right, and what is easy.

Culture For All
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2008, 16:05   #7
Redvines
Council Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 941
You didn't take me up on the bet because you could not find quick enough anywhere where NOONAN ENDORSED OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT.

This should be news based on the way the media played the Jesse Jackson hot mic incident a month or so ago. That was in the news cycle for days. Fair and balanced means just that. The media tried to harm Obama with Jackson's comments. The same attention should be given to these.

Fair and balanced. Prove it. They won't.
Redvines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2008, 17:16   #8
Red
Council Elder
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: NYC, USA
Posts: 2,586
Send a message via ICQ to Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redvines
You didn't take me up on the bet because you could not find quick enough anywhere where NOONAN ENDORSED OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT.


I grant you I did not - in the span of 10 minutes - find a link where she outright said "Obama is my pick." But she came darned near close a number of times. (and I recalled at one point reading she endorsed him)

Quote:
This should be news based on the way the media played the Jesse Jackson hot mic incident a month or so ago. That was in the news cycle for days. Fair and balanced means just that. The media tried to harm Obama with Jackson's comments. The same attention should be given to these.

Fair and balanced. Prove it. They won't.


I have no idea what the Jesse Jackson "hot mic" incident even is. I do not see how it was so widely played.
__________________
Soon we will face the choice, between what is right, and what is easy.

Culture For All
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:16.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.