User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29th Apr 2001, 06:34   #1
Christy
Executive Council Member

Glory/Ben question...

Okay I was thinking about this whole sharing a body thing. Is this literal. Can Ben and Glory ever be in the same room together. This may seem like a dumb question since I know we've seen Ben morph into Glory. But I still don't quite get it. Where does the other one go. And who has control of the spilt.

???? ????
Old 29th Apr 2001, 17:56   #2
Lynn
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Lynn Send a message via AIM to Lynn
I think it's interesting to look back at this thread speculating on Glory and Ben's relationship, which was posted back in February. We really haven't learned a whole lot else since have we?

But to answer the question: I definitely think we could see them in the same room, because I think they can probably migrate from one body (or vessel-type thing) into another. As things are at the moment though, I see them as both being stuck in that one body.
Ned: "You ugly, hate-filled man!" Moe: "Hey, I may be ugly and hate-filled but... what was the third thing you said?"
Old 29th Apr 2001, 19:40   #3
Zyliq
Rogue Demon Hunter

Send a message via ICQ to Zyliq
Arrow

We don't really have much to go on yet, but my hunch is that one of them is always in the body, and the other is always elsewhere. No great reason why i think that, other than i don't think Glory would talk to Ben through minions if she had the option of confronting him face to face. That, and it makes Ben's
Episode: S5 E13 Blood Ties
Ben: What is she going to do? Send a six-pack of minions to bore me to death? Glory can't lay a finger on me. You know it, I know it, she knows it. So save the threats, or I'll finish the job I started on your head.

a bit funnier .

FWIW, according to Steve DeKnight's BPB Archive (apr 27), "All that Third Hellgod stuff will be cleared up in 'Spiral' (which he wrote)." Presumably we'll get more about Ben & Glory then too ?

Best,

--Steve
Old 29th Apr 2001, 20:16   #4
THP
Administrator
Sorcerer

I'm thinking that what we know ATM says they are stuck in the one body... although where the other one is I don't know...

It's not a constant share either... it seems from things they have said that they can sense to a point what is going on in the body even when not present (Ben's 'she's coming' in the hospital as Glory reacts to the Key's mention)... and Glory's statement that Ben is getting stronger... implying that maybe he get's more bodytime?

If the end of season involves them fighting it might be difficult if they are in the same body

I am not a f***ing pin!

Be a Government Informer. Betray your Family and Friends. Fabulous prizes to be won. - Red Dwarf 5.6
Old 30th Apr 2001, 09:49   #5
Casey
Executive Council Member

I've always assumed (well, ya know, since Blood Ties) that Ben must have way more time with the body than Glory does. After all, being a medical intern is extremely time-consuming. And that could also be a feasible explanation for why Glory's search for the Key has gone on so long -- for someone under tight time constraints, she sure has gone for long periods of time without seeming to take much action.
Old 30th Apr 2001, 11:23   #6
Lynn
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Lynn Send a message via AIM to Lynn
Here's another thing though... Since Glory and Ben seem to be sharing the body, there must be a certain amount of co-operation between them regarding switching over. There are several examples - Buffy finding Glory in the locker room just after Ben has come off his shift, and Ben coming through just in time for Buffy's phone call. Obviously Glory doesn't just force her way through all the time or Ben would never be able to hold down a job - the only time I can think of that she did was when Ben found out that Dawn was the key.

So do they work together because they have to? Or, possibly, does Ben normally allow Glory through during his down time, and she only forced her way in that one time?
Ned: "You ugly, hate-filled man!" Moe: "Hey, I may be ugly and hate-filled but... what was the third thing you said?"